Social media has become a complex part of so many businesses today. Businesses are making social media a top priority in their marketing campaigns and strategies, but that doesn’t mean that they are getting it right.
Here are the 5 biggest mistakes a small business can make in their social media.
- Never identifying a target market. This is very important for your business to have a niche or target audience. Not all people on social media are the same age, have the same interests, or even the same career. That means that not all content will work for everyone. That’s why you should learn who your audience is to cater to their needs.
- Posting without a strategy behind it. Why post something on social media just to post it? There should be a strategy behind every single post. Create a strategy for every piece of content that you publish online. This will give you a clear vision of what you want to do and accomplish in your business.
- Not being consistent. Consistency is key to getting your brand known, especially on social media. So many businesses only post on social media when they feel like it. That is definitely not going to guarantee success in any social media campaign.
- Not paying attention to those around you. Social media is all about making connections. It gives us the ability to connect with other people whom we might not of had the chance to connect with face-to-face. If we just publish content and don’t make connections or communicate, in the end that can hurt your business.
- Ignoring analytics. One of the most important parts of any business is the data! A huge mistake small businesses make with their social media campaigns is not knowing how well their campaigns are performing. Analytics gives us the ability to track trends and results on social media. This can help us to better determine what works for your audience and how you can work to change or push all of your goals.
As a small business, being active on social media is important. Make sure you are not making one of the mistakes listed above. If you are questioning your social media strategy and routine, send me a message and I will give you a free consultation and overview of your current social media networks.